Our commitment to your privacy
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services including contacting us via chat, email, phone, etc with an enquiry or signing up for our newsletters, you will need to provide us with some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your residential or postal address, etc.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you sign up for.
- Conduct market research surveys: if you opt-in to receive Montay Finance surveys – such as our review or feedback survey of your experience – we will contact you by email to invite you to participate.
- Tell you about our new products, services and promotions: for example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new offers and promotions you may be interested in.
- To customize our marketing and advertising.
- Assess you loan application
- Offer a service or market a product to you that is either our product or a product that we market or administer, including targeted marketing
- Meet our internal operational requirements, such as for credit and risk management, product or system development and planning, insurance, audit and administration purposes
- Facilitate the transfer or assignment of our rights
- Comply with our legal obligations
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time. You can contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com
Comments and community contributions
When you submit a comment or review, your first name and last name, or your display name is displayed with your comment. You can set up or change your display name by sending us an email.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on www.montayfinance.co.nz in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will endeavor to get your permission before copying or quoting your message.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share your contact information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email or print communications. We also share your contact information with trusted third parties in order to customize our marketing and advertising.
We do not authorize third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. We require any third parties to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
We might share survey results to third parties but the results do not contain any personally identifiable or personal information.
We share your personal information with other parties for the purposes outlined in clause 2 above and as permitted by law. The third parties that we share your personal information with include:
- Credit reporting agencies for the purposes of identity verification, credit reporting, monitoring services, and to provide them with updates, such as default information
- Government agencies and regulators in order to comply with any laws, rules or regulatory requirements
- The Ministry of Justice to obtain fines information
- External dispute resolution schemes
- Any third parties who provide services to us, including technology service providers, debt collection agencies and our professional advisers
- Other entities in the Montay Group Limited
- Improve our website; and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
We use third-party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: We use third-party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Montay Finance when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
We may contact you to:
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
If you are a member we may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All new members, subscribers, contacts and finance applications will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications. You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organizations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner’s website.